I would like to put my studies on hold for a certain period of time. How do I proceed here?

There are two options:

1. Leave of absence

You can take a leave of absence from your studies for a certain period of time.

You can find more detailed information at: https://ssc.unileoben.ac.at/im-studium/beurlaubung

Fill out an application for a leave of absence and send it to us via e-mail at ssc(at)unileoben.ac.at. The application will then be reviewed by us, and you will be informed whether it has been approved.

Please note that in the event of a leave of absence, you must pay the ÖH contribution in order not to be deregistered. The leave of absence may also affect your family allowance, scholarships, semester ticket and social insurance. Please enquire about this at the authorities relevant to your situation.


2. Deregistration

You can have yourself deregistered. This means that you do not have to pay tuition fees or the ÖH contribution. Your MU-Online account will be blocked after deregistration.

Please note that if you would like to continue your studies at a later date:               

  • You must be newly enrolled for the chosen field of study.
  • You must accept the most up-to-date curriculum.

and can therefore no longer continue your studies in the old curriculum.

  • In the new curriculum, you can have your previous examinations credited, as far as this is possible.
My free electives are not listed in the Curriculum Support. What do I do here?

You can inform the graduation staff of your desired free electives when you submit the documentation for your degree.

Before graduation, only compulsory subjects or restricted electives are allocated.

In order to be able to fulfil students' wishes regarding a better average grade, the free electives are only allocated when the degree documentation is being processed.

I would like to do take courses from the Master's programme early, but I am still working on my Bachelor's degree. Is that possible?

The prerequisites for taking courses from the Master's programme early are as follows:

  • The STEOP must be completed.
  • At least 55% of the ECTS of the Bachelor's programme must have been successfully completed.

Procedure on MU-Online:

  • Select your desired Master's programme via the "Offered courses" tile.
  • Register for the course with "Free registration".
  • When registering for the examination, enter "Early Master's work"
I would like to change my degree programme or curriculum. When is this possible and what do I have to do?

Changing degree programmes and curricula is only possible during the admission period. Please send us an e-mail to ssc(at)unileoben.ac.at.

Please note that a change will affect your registrations for courses and examinations. Make sure that you are not registered for any courses or examinations in your old degree programme.

What do I do if my ID card is lost or damaged?


  1. Submit a lost property report to the lost property office of the city of Leoben.
  2. After submitting the lost property report at the Financial Accounting Department of the Montanuniversität Leoben (Franz-Josef-Straße 18, 1st floor, open from Monday to Friday 09:00 to 12:00), pay a fee of € 15.00 for the duplicate issue.
  3. Fill out the application for a duplicate ID under this link
  4. With the lost property report, proof of payment from the Financial Accounting Department of Montanuniversität Leoben and the completed application, have the duplicate ID card made at the reception desk of the SSC. (Please take note of the opening hours of the SSC or make an appointment)


Have your ID checked at the SSC reception desk. If necessary, a new ID card will be issued.

I would like to submit all necessary supporting documents for my degree soon. Do I still have to pay the ÖH contribution/tuition fees?

1. You pay the fee and can have it refunded after your graduation.

You must have graduated within the notification of continued enrolment period, which is by October 31st for the winter semester or March 31st for the summer semester.

Further information can be found here:


2. You do not pay the fee.

Please note that you will be automatically deregistered by the system on October 31st (winter semester) or March 31st (summer semester). Your account will remain open on MU-Online until this date.

Further Information

Study Support Center

Phone: +43 3842 402-7410


Website: ssc.unileoben.ac.at

Office hours from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and by appointment